I am losing mouse events??

Reaction score
Hi I am new here to the forum, and I am enjoying my new Macbook Pro a lot except for this one problem with my cursor.

For some reason, the cursor is not behaving as expected. It seems like the movement is not being tracked, but as soon as I click, the active application window suddenly recognizes that the cursor is there.

For example, when I am on a website with onmouseover javascript events, those events don't register until I click.

The same is true for every application and expected "onmouseover" behavior. It has even crippled my hot corners.

This problem only started yesterday (just weeks after getting the laptop); unfortunately, I didn't install anything recently so that can't be narrowed down.

Has anyone ever seen/heard of this before? Thanks for any help.

OP
Z
Reaction score
lol sorry I didn't list what i have done so far. i have tried

- reboot
- start in safe mode
- strangely, when i run X11, the problem disappears for X11 applications, but remains for others... this was stumbled upon.

If no one knows, then the next step is fresh OS install.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.