Firefox and MP3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro (Intel Core 2 Duo: 2.4Ghz: 4GB Memory)
I receive a daily email that opens up the link into my browser (Firefox 4.0.1) so I can listen to an mp3 file. The mp3 will not play and brings up a page that says I need to add a plug-in for quicktime. Now if I copy and paste this same link into Safari it works. Is there a way to fix this so I am able to play the mp3 in Firefox. I also have the quicktime plug-in enabled on Firefox. Thank you for your help on this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
Have you tried checking your plugins for updates?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Go to Firefox > Preferences > Applications. In the search box, search for mp3. Do you get anything? What is the action listed for it? It should say QuickTime Plug-in.

OP
m@cnewbie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro (Intel Core 2 Duo: 2.4Ghz: 4GB Memory)
Thank you so much vansmith! I noticed it said always ask next to mp3 in the list of applications. Once I changed it to vlc it works just fine. You rock!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.