Auto login to email site

Reaction score
I have an email account with Lycos.com that I have used for years for special occasions - like arranging a secret 60th birthday for my wife.

However of late when I logout it automatically reopens the site showing Inbox etc etc.

I have removed it from the Auto fill under System>Preferences but still it persists.

What am I not doing or doing wrong. It is something that has only started to happen recently.

Thanks

Garry

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What browser are you using? Are you using the logout button of lycos or something else?

Regards

OP
G
Reaction score
I am using Macbook Pro OSX 10.6.7.
Yes I use the Logout button on the Lycos screen . It goes through the logout procedure but straight back into login and brings the inbox back up.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I presume you're using Safari as your browser, can you try History->Clear History, Safari->Empty Cache and Safari->Reset Safari and then visit your email and then go through the logout process and see if this issue persists?

OP
G
Reaction score
Just did all the above and reopened new window, entered Lycos mail into Google search. Clicked on Lycosmail in Google and went straight to opened Inbox without having to enter login name or password. I must be missing something eh!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK..thats a cookie..

Now with all the reset settings, go to Safari->Preferences. Click on the Security icon on top, then Show Cookies, and select Remove All.

Now Quit Safari with CMD+q, re-open it and then go to your Lycos mail again..

OP
G
Reaction score
You Beauty Mate!!! I didn't remove all - scanned through and removed everything that shoed lycos and it has worked.

Thanks for your expertise.

Garry

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Excellent, glad we got that sorted out for you..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.