Mobile App and/or Mobile Site layout

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" 2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB
I feel like there's no way this hasn't been suggested before but I couldn't find it so I figure I'll just say it and hope for the best...

There should be a Mac-Forums mobile app for smart phones. The website is very difficult to manage on a mobile device (at least it is on my iPhone 3G) and a mobile app would do wonders for me. Even if an app isn't possible a mobile site layout would be greatly appreciated. They're pretty easy to write up...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 8GB Ram AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB GDDR5
A mobile app is available via a simple plugin the ACP. Tapatalk.

OP
CaldwellYSR
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A mobile app is available via a simple plugin the ACP. Tapatalk.

Does this mean there's a M-F plugin to Tapatalk? Sorry never used Tapatalk before and have no idea what ACP is so I just want to confirm what you're saying :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Tapatalk is a forum app for vbulletin and others. The admin just has to install a plugin, takes less than a minute.
The user (us) has to have a compatible device: Android, iPhone, Blackberry, webOS, and Windows Phone 7.

We install an app, login to the forums from there, can see all the new posts, whispers, search, everything.

OP
CaldwellYSR
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah I see. That's cool. Wish Tapatalk was free but still awesome :) thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Many ways to get it for free =)

I just chose to support the developer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I feel like there's no way this hasn't been suggested before but I couldn't find it so I figure I'll just say it and hope for the best...

There should be a Mac-Forums mobile app for smart phones. The website is very difficult to manage on a mobile device (at least it is on my iPhone 3G) and a mobile app would do wonders for me. Even if an app isn't possible a mobile site layout would be greatly appreciated. They're pretty easy to write up...

We offer a mobile skin for Premium members:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/premium.php

BTW, my Grandpa was born in Sewanee. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Tapatalk is a forum app for vbulletin and others. The admin just has to install a plugin, takes less than a minute.
The user (us) has to have a compatible device: Android, iPhone, Blackberry, webOS, and Windows Phone 7.

We install an app, login to the forums from there, can see all the new posts, whispers, search, everything.

To be honest, TapTalk has completely turned me off in the way in which it gets users to pimp the service. It's almost like you all have the same copy and paste script you use. I don't feel the need to support devs who push products like that.

I also don't like the idea of implementing a solution just so another dev can profit off an app from our users.

But as I noted above, we do offer a mobile skin solution for Premium Members. We're also part of work to design an entirely new mobile experience for all of iNET's properties (you can find the list at the bottom of the page)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not so much of a matter of them pimping us as it just being a great product. The ability to view all of my forums that I frequent via an app surpasses the task of opening a browser and having to view a mobile page.

The dev alone is not the only "profitee" as I put it. You can install a plugin that monetizes links from tapatalk. I don't want to sound like a sales person, I just know the frustration of having to type in full html editors like this and having my input box scroll left and right as I type from my phone.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
To be honest, TapTalk has completely turned me off in the way in which it gets users to pimp the service. It's almost like you all have the same copy and paste script you use. I don't feel the need to support devs who push products like that.

It is uncanny - and this seems to pop up on every forum I frequent. I admit, I've played with the app, but I don't see all that much value over some of the other (free) apps like 'Forums' that convert sites on-the-fly for a better mobile experience.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
isnt tapatalk that one that puts "sent using tapatalk from my iPhone" after every post?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That is removable and changeable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.