older ibook - need to get online "wirelessly"

A

allustrious

Hi, I am new to the forums and was looking for some help in terms of getting an older ibook online "wirelessly"

ibook specs:

14.1"
800 Mhz
640 MB RAM
30 GIG HD
No Airport
Has ethernet

My question is:

We have a d-link wireless router downstairs, but want to use the laptop upstairs. We have purchased the DWL-122 and it simply WILL NOT work.
Is it possible to have the wireless router downstairs, a d-link access point upstairs and connect the ibook to the access point via ethernet cable. I know that this will not give you a true "wireless" connection, but it would solve our problem.

Also, if we purchase the apple access point, will it work with the d-link wireless router?

Looking forward to your responses and thank you in advance.

Bo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
ibook

hey

save yourself aggro - get an airport card
slot it in the ibook and it will join your router.

i faffed about with a belkin adapter which amounts to your
dlink access point - but gave up.

put an airport original card in compatible with my older g3
and that was it joined up with my router which it finds as soon as you
boot up.

kind regards
:biohazard

OP
A

allustrious

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, we cannot find an original airport that fits in this ibook.

So, will the access point work or no? I do know that it will cost more, but ****, for the aggrevation, I figure its worth it.

Also, if they are available, do you have a link to where we can purchase the original airport card to fit in the g3 ibook?

Thanks,
Bo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
ibook

allustrious said:
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, we cannot find an original airport that fits in this ibook.

So, will the access point work or no? I do know that it will cost more, but ****, for the aggrevation, I figure its worth it.

Also, if they are available, do you have a link to where we can purchase the original airport card to fit in the g3 ibook?

Thanks,
Bo

try this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-AirPort-W...806183794QQcategoryZ80060QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

loads on ebay

regards

:biohazard :biohazard :biohazard

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.