Buying a macbook for high school

Reaction score
My sister got a macbook when she entered high school and that was almost 6 years ago so i plan to do the same. She got the cheapest one at the time, and she reccomends i do the same. I am used to very powerful windows pc's with 12 gigs of RAM, Quad core 3.0 GHz+ processors, and powerful graphics cards but with macs the same specs i have on my pc would cost an astronomical amount of money. So how powerful a machine should i get? for schoolwork, internet browsing casual gaming from time to time? (World of warcraft a few hours a week). Thanks in advance

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
I checked apples website and the macbook on there has the following specs

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB DDR3 memory
250GB hard drive1
8x double-layer SuperDrive
NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics
Built-in 7-hour battery2
Polycarbonate unibody enclosure

The processor is fine for WoW. The graphics card will most likely be able to handle medium settings on 1280 x 800 resolution the higher you go the more you might find lag from performance or frame rate issues. The Ram is only 2GB which is the minimum for WoW so personally I think if you should get that model and ask for a Ram upgrade to 4GB.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.