City free roam game

Reaction score
What is a good open-ended city game? Kind of like grand theft auto or one of the later driver games. I just dont know where and what to look for. So please help me find a good one (preferably free).

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
you wont find any free ones, and especially on the Mac.

If you are bored of GTA, you could try True Crime: Streets of LA. Just Cause.

Fallout 3, Oblivion, Far Cry are good open world games.

of course, these are all PC games, with no Mac alternative. Sorry :(

If you are technically savvy you can try porting games with the WINE/Cider engines, but this is never guaranteed to work, and really tests your patience too. GTA San andreas has been successfully ported.

OP
G
Reaction score
Um, I WAS TALKING ABOUT GAMES FOR IPOD TOUCH!!! IT SEEMS LIKE YOU DID NOT READ WHAT FORUM THIS IS IN!!! I want games for ipod, but you told me about games for MAC AND WINDOWS!!! Sorry i said all that so rudely, im in a bad mood right now. But please dont tell me about things i did not ask to know.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How about toning down your attitude? Good mood or bad mood is no excuse to come off the way you did. Have you read our guidelines? Specifically this:

Play nice.

Our community is made up of all kinds of different people, and all of them have the right to feel comfortable. Others may not think the way that you think, believe what you believe, know what you know, or see what you see. Always be polite and respectful in your interactions with others.

Thanks for your cooperation.

OP
G
Reaction score
Ok, im sorry. But someone with that many posts should actually read where the post is.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
my bad, I thought I was in the Mac OSX Applications section.

And, as the the hardware on iPod Touch is pretty limited, i doubt you would get any decent free roam games anyway.

MY CAPS LOCK KEY WORKS ASWELL, I JUST CHOOSE NOT TO USE IT ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.