Battery issue on new phone

Reaction score
I've shut off options that I have read about like push locations, EQ, and pushing emails. My screen is dimmer than I would like. I didn't charge overnight.

However, I left the house at 6 am with a full battery and after 11 hours I am down to 20 percent. I would love some help on this!

OP
C
Reaction score
Honestly, not much. Tried Facebook a few times, played around with the Pulse app. The only thing I can think of is that it's something with wifi. I close out of apps and dont do much else just got it on Friday. I don't know what else it could be.

Reaction score
Yeah man not sure I just bought my iPhone 4 may 2nd give or take a day or two and for 7 or so hours I didn't stop messing with my phone. Mostly Internet and calls and as of right now it's been on 12 hours and I have 27 % left. Days I just use it lightly I end up with about 80% in a 12 hour period. I would just give apple a ring and see what they say.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks. Is their customer service number going to give me help, or should I go to an Apple store?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27-inch (with all the goodies), Apple TV, iPhone 4, iPod Nano Classic, Jawbone Jambox
hey, i've found that there are a few different thigns you can do:

1) Turn you Wifi & Bluetooth off. If you leave them on they are consitantly search for Wifi or bluetooth devices which ends up chewing your battery life HEAPS!

2) 'close' apps fully after usage. You can do this by double tapping your home button really fast. Then the apps your currently using pops up on a scroll bar. From there, hold your finger on top of one of the apps until it start to wiggly, then tap the little red dash to close the app. Do this daily to close all your apps to help with battery life.

3) You can also set your screen lock to a shorter time, to save energy.

Hope these heap

OP
C
Reaction score
Same problem again today. At 6 a.m. it was at 100 percent. At noon it was 60 percent. Was there an update in software I am supposed to do after buying it? Would that help?

Reaction score
Not likely, but it couldn't hurt. How old is the phone? Maybe you have a defective battery?

OP
C
Reaction score
Not likely, but it couldn't hurt. How old is the phone? Maybe you have a defective battery?

Got it on Friday. Just annoying because I've read so much about the phone not needing a charge for days, and I can't make it through a work day with minimal use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27-inch (with all the goodies), Apple TV, iPhone 4, iPod Nano Classic, Jawbone Jambox
So you've had the phone since last friday and the battery drains to less than 50% in half a day?

i know this is a silly question, but what are you doing on your phone?
are you playing videos? streaming youtube videos? playing games? or just playing with it none stop?

I found that if i watch videos my battery is dead by about lunch time. Also if i play games it chews the battery up heaps.
For example; if i play Plants vs Zombies i get about 2 hours of playing before it dies!!

If you're doing NONE of these things, then i would strongly suggest you go back to the apple store and pleed your case.

A week old phone should NOT drain like that :/

OP
C
Reaction score
If I got the crummy phone at a Verizon store, should I go back there or head to an Apple store?

Reaction score
If I drive in areas without cell service Like Utah and it's constantly searching for a signal it will drain the battery in a day.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.