Potentially buying a macbook pro and want to upgrade HDD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" i5 12gb RAM
Hello,
I'm hung up between a macbook air 13" with 4gb ram and an ssd of 128.
However, i'm contemplating the mac book pro 13" 2.7ghz if its possible to upgrade the harddrive to a hybrid ssd / hdd hard drive as this would out weigh the weight factor of the air.
Are there hard drives like this available that fit the macbook pro 13" if so can you tell me which ones and maybe link them.

Thanks for all info in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Any 2.5" Sata Hybrid drive should do the trick, you just have to look out for the width of these things, anything over 9mm thick is just too thick and could either not fit in the slot or cause over-heating problems.

Hope this helps

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333
OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" i5 12gb RAM
I have seen some mentions hybrids not playing well with OSX. If you decide on this option make sure to ask around about specific drives and use with OSX.

Here are a few on Newegg

Have you looked into replacing the optical drive with a HDD and putting a 64 or so gb ssd system drive in it? That is what I have done and I love it.

Here is a link to the most popular company for ordering these kits from.

This is exactly what i need, is there a do it yourself version as i'm british and so can't use this service.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.