Using Japanese Fonts in InDesign

Reaction score
So the place im currently working prints for several companies with japanese management and many of the business cards have names and titles in japanese as well as english. Usually we have customers send in a PDF with this so its not a big deal to pull that out but recently its been more of a waste of time trying to get anything good from them and all they send is publisher files which i cant use. I can open them on the PC we have but it doesnt load the fonts. I know i can insert glyphs into documents but i know there must be a way to just enable a font thats in japanese. I have several that show previews in japanese in my InDesign drop down box but when i try to use them, or view them in suitcase they come out looking like a standard font. Ive looked around and i cant seem to find an easy way to do this but there must be one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.