Can someone identify this G4 Model?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP Late 2010 2.4ghz, 4GB, 250HD - 2010 iMac 21.5-inch 3.06GHz Intel Core i3, 500HD, 4GB
Yes I'm sure!;) All those "Yes's" in that screen shot mean that the particular computer model "supports" Airport. The 400mhz "PCI" Powermac G4 did not support Airport...that's why it says no.

The "Yes's" means that that those models support Airport...but the Airport card itself was optional (not installed automatically with each computer sold). Originally when Airport first came out...the Airport upgrade was VERY expensive...and thus folks didn't get it. Sort of like getting an SSD drive in a new computer today.

This Airport card is easily removable & useable in many other Macintosh models of that period...including laptops. So many "professional" e-Bay sellers (like the one you bought from) remove the Airport card. Why?...your computer cost $14.99...the Airport card itself sells for $25-$30 dollars...DOUBLE the value of the whole computer!!!

HTH,

- Nick

I get ya. Figured that's what it meant but I was not positive. Well, darn, I'll be using ethernet until then I guess. :/

Nick is correct. From the Sawtooth up all the power macs have a slot for the Airport card shown in the pic Nick provided.

Yeah.

I still want to know why I am labeled "OP." haha.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
OP = Original Poster. In other words the starter of the thread! :D

It's called getting old and lazy and not taking the time to find your username here! :D

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP Late 2010 2.4ghz, 4GB, 250HD - 2010 iMac 21.5-inch 3.06GHz Intel Core i3, 500HD, 4GB
OP = Original Poster. In other words the starter of the thread! :D

It's called getting old and lazy and not taking the time to find your username here! :D

Okie dokie, I was getting nervous. Though you were talking in code or something. Haha, thanks.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Okie dokie, I was getting nervous. Though you were talking in code or something. Haha, thanks.

Just let your fingers do the walking:;)

Urban Dictionary: op

And others:

OMG
AFAIK
IMHO
FWIW
HTH
GTG
etc., etc., etc.

There are hundreds of them.

- Nick

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sure will...great price!!! As long as the seller from Hong Kong is legit.

- Nick

Awesome. Now I must work on getting the Monitor. Which, I have a friend who has a shed at his work where people throw new stuff away (Not sure why) But he's found some monitors and sound equipment, etc. he's hunting down for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.