Going from PC, word to Mac

Reaction score
I have a Mac OSX 10.5.8, files were transfered to Mac from PC, Microsoft Word, tried to open a file for my book to edit a new revised edition, file opens, can read but canot edit, what do I do?
My wife has Dell laptop and she has the same files, she can open them and edit just fine.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
cmd + i on the document, and change the r/w settings at the bottom of the window that comes up. if they are greyed out, click the lock to the right and authorise.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Open Finder, then go to the directory where this document is located, click once and then hit CMD+I or right click and choose 'Get Info'. Towards the bottom of the window that will appear check to see what your permissions to the file are. It should say "You have read/write access" or something to that effect.

If not, ensure that you have write access..

Regards

OP
G
Reaction score
Amazing how simple this was, I had no idea how to do this, ask the experts and a miracle happens. thanks guys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.