Dock Tweaking

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" 2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB
Not sure if this is supposed to go in this thread but if it's not please move it to the correct place.

So I have my dock on the left side right now and I've noticed that it's very unintuitive. Maybe it's just me but it feels upside down. Is there any way to get it flipped? (Trash and stacks on top... finder on bottom)

Screen shot 2011-05-22 at 7.09.35 PM.png

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hmmm... not sure what this has to do with 'Community Suggestions and Feedback', moving to a more appropriate forum.

OP
CaldwellYSR
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah sorry, I kinda knew that wasn't right and for some god awful reason I couldn't figure out where it was supposed to go. I rationalized that "inquisitions" in the description of this forum meant questions were supposed to go here.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
So I have my dock on the left side right now and I've noticed that it's very unintuitive. Maybe it's just me but it feels upside down. Is there any way to get it flipped? (Trash and stacks on top... finder on bottom)

I always wondered about that too. Seems it should be reversed but unfortunately there's no way to do it with the current Dock preferences. You might want to give SuperDocker a try. It's been discontinued but it still works and it's free. I use it to spiff up my Dock but I'm not sure it can do what you want though.

OP
CaldwellYSR
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I used to have SuperDocker. Didn't really like it and I'm 99% sure it won't do that. Thanks anyways though.

Reaction score
I have mine on the left also and it is like yours. But how do you figure this as "upside down"?!? IMO this is the way it should be if you are used to it on the bottom.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15"matt, 2.8GHz, 500GB, 4GB RAM
I have mine on the left too, but it has never occurred to me that it might be 'upside down'... The apple 'start' is top left, the finder is top left, and then you work outwards to search/trash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Looks like it should do to me, I have always had mine there and I have just got used to how it appears. Seems to work well enough.

OP
CaldwellYSR
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah it definitely works the way it is... It just feels wrong. Maybe it's just me that feels that way I'm just not a fan. I'll probably put it back on bottom soon because I can't seem to get used to it on the left side with trash on bottom. I just wondered if there was a known way to flip it around.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.