Looking For A Graphics Program

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new at this, so I'll try to make sense! :) I used to have Adobe PhotoDeluxe 2.0 and loved it. I would like something similar for my current Mac (version OS X 10.4.11). I don't want a lot of bells and whistles. Just something simple and straightforward, like the Adobe program was. Can anyone help with suggestions? Thanks so much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
PhotoDeluxe was replaced by Photoshop Elements. That'd probably be the most similar, although to be honest.. I've used neither.

C

chas_m

A good answer would depend a LOT on what exactly you do with the program, but if you want to stick with Adobe PhotoDeluxe then either the web-based Photoshop Express (also available for iPad, btw) or Photoshop Elements ($100) is probably what you're looking for. Be aware that PS Elements has changed A LOT from the days of PhotoDeluxe -- you will essentially be starting over.

Before you run out and spend the money though, I have another suggestion: take a look at Live Quartz v1.7.3 (the last one they made for Tiger). Might be all you need, and can't beat the price (free, donations accepted).

When you move up to Snow Leopard, the current version of Live Quartz is $2 on the Mac App Store and pretty dang useful. Really coming along nicely.

OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks!

Just wanted to say thanks for the recommendations! I appreciate the help so much!

J

jackw

a brilliant piece of software 100% free is Gimp.
GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program
it's got all the main editing tools which Photoshop have, just a little more bog-standard

it isn't however the same quality nor well built as Photoshop
but seeing as Photoshop is hundreds of pounds compared to nothing, it's pretty good

it's really worth trying out!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 7.1, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram, 250GB HDD, Nvidia 320 graphics, Mac OSX 10.6.8
I have been using a program called Pixelmator. I don't do much on it just some little things here and there but it is good. Also you can download the trial before you decide to buy it :D Pixelmator

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
+1 for Pixelmator! I run Photoshop Extended CS5 but have found Pixelmator a great little programme which holds it own against Photoshop!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.