Power Mac G5 Turns on doesnt chime

Reaction score
i just bought a power mac g5 that didnt turn on. i put a new fuse in the power supply and boom it comes on but it doesnt chime or show any video. as of now it just turns on and sits there. when i take the ram out, it beeps and the fans spin as fast as possible. this is a dual core 2.0 ghz power pc model. i have tested both ddr2 400 and ddr2 533 ram and neither give me a response. the ddr2 400 isnt the correct memory and i get two beeps, two led flashes and the fans. i have swapped the video cards and nothing. im assuming it needs a logic board correct. i did all of the simple stuff like take out the pram battery, pushed the reset, let it sit, swapped out all different hardware. anything else to try?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

If it is a Dual Core the correct memory is PC4200 and here are the specs:-

OWC OWC42DDR2PAIR2G 2.0GB Matched Pair (1GB modules... in stock at OWC

Memory is very important to G5 and it is a must to have Mac compatible low density memory mounted in matched pairs, and not cheaper, high density PC memory. If that is what you are using sounds like a faulty logic board. If you have the original system discs, try and boot from disc one and run Apple Hardware Test.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.