Garmin software install

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" OS X 10.6.4 / 3.2 GHz / Intel Core i3 / 4 GB 13333 MHz DDR3
I have some Garmin GPS Mapping software (Roads and Recreation) I want to install on my iMac, but when I insert the disc, it does nothing but put an icon on my desk top. Why doesn't it prompt to install? How do I force it to install? When I open the icon, I get nothing but a bunch of useless dead ends. Help!
screenshot20110522at120.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need to go to the Garmin site and download the same software but this time for OS X. What you have is for Windows and will not work. I had to do the same thing when I bought my Garmin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
You need to go to the Garmin site and download the same software but this time for OS X. What you have is for Windows and will not work. I had to do the same thing when I bought my Garmin.
This. Garmin's Apple support is cursory at best.

OP
MontanaMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" OS X 10.6.4 / 3.2 GHz / Intel Core i3 / 4 GB 13333 MHz DDR3
Darn. I paid several hundred dollars for these Garmin maps. I don't think I can get them for free, but I'll have to do some searching.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.