Help!!!Macbook doesn't turn on!!

Reaction score
Hello, please help, this is very shocking for me.. this morning my macbook pro, 2008 I think, doesn't turn on - the light on the charge cable is green, when I push the turn on button the sleep light turns on and you can hear the fan start, and that's all, nothing else happens. Do you think all the files are OK? yesterday night it was working, it never has any problems. Any suggestions? why these things always happen on weekends? thank you

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Before you get too worked up, it may just have hung going into or coming out of sleep (it happens, although it's pretty rare for the most part).

Unplug the power and pull the battery out. Pop the battery back in and put the power cord back in place. Try turning it on now.

OP
G
Reaction score
have been doing that for the last four hours. Something similar happened before when the battery was too empty, but only for 10 min. Can it be some card that has been damaged? By what?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 13 2.5GHz 121GB SSD
If you have your install disc, put that in and try booting from that - press C during startup. Then go to utilities in the menu and repair the HD. Alternatively boot while holding D to run the apple hardware test.

OP
G
Reaction score
don t have the install disc with me, i pressed d while booting, the sleep light made some fast flashes and went off, the screen is still black and nothing s happening

OP
G
Reaction score
finally I found the install disk, but nothing happened, I pressed c and nothing happened and now there is the disk stuck inside too. Does this mean hard drive failure!?! where are all my files? oh no..

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Just as a point of clarification - do you get any kind of display on the screen at all?

Also, did the machine pull the disc in, or did you have to force it in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333
Check this out it. MacBook Pro Video Problem

If your computer falls into this category apple will fix it for free for you.

Hold down the mouse button and start the computer. Keep holding down the mouse button and the CD should eject.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Check this out it. MacBook Pro Video Problem

If your computer falls into this category apple will fix it for free for you.

Hold down the mouse button and start the computer. Keep holding down the mouse button and the CD should eject.
Yep, this. Well worth bringing it in to check.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.