Scanning & transposing sheet music

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 27inch, 2017, OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 (14D127a)
I need to be able to scan sheet music and then to transpose it into different keys.

My searches have not thrown up any information on MAC scanning software with OCRs that work with music notation.

Neither have I been able to find information on software that can be used to transpose the scans.

I would be very grateful for any leads. I used to be able to do it on Windows pcs, but have now changed to iMac.

Thanks,

Brian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
By transpose, do you mean make into a booklet that is folded and bound?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, I mean change the music from one musical key to another, say from F to E flat. Sometimes we would say that we are transposing the piece down one tone.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks BrianLachoreVPI.

I will certainly check those out.

An associated question is the best scanner to get for music. Because most music is bound in booklets or albums it will obviously need to be a flat-bed scanner. Also, there is no standard paper size for music, with some albums being significantly larger than DIN A4.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.