Wireless Connect Greeting? Can't turn it off!

Reaction score
My wireless has a message which appears every time I connect to it, and I really want to take this off but don't know how. For example, every time I wake up my computer from sleep it connects and a window pops up that says "Hello!" It's absolutely obnoxious, and I really need to get rid of it. The wireless was set up by someone else, so I don't know how they managed to put the message there.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Welcome to Mac-Forums Variyen

Is there any possibility you could provide a screen shot of the popup for us to see?
Also if you could post your machine specs and which OS you are running, that would be great, it helps us to help you.

Cheers

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Its most likely programmed in to your wireless router.

You would have to know how to log on to the routers settings screens via a browser, most routers have an IP address of either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.

LOgon is usually admin, the default password will be in the manual that came with the router, but if it has been changed to a more secure password you will need to ask the person who set it up.

OP
V
Reaction score
Alright Loiushen I'll give that a try; in the meantime here's a pic of the message.

I'm running 10.6.7 if that's any help to anybody.

Screen shot 2011-05-22 at 1.36.20 AM.jpg

OP
V
Reaction score
Fixed!

Thankfully I fixed it. It was a DCHP message setting in the advanced section for Airport Extreme.

/happy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.