removing menu icon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook pro 13" 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo 8GB RAM 750 GB HDD
Hi,

About a month ago I downloaded Carbonite. It is an online backup program. I decided after the trial was over that I didn't want the service and uninstalled it. This was fine and all, but their stupid little icon on my top menu bar will not go away.

I have tried finding the files, and they are never there.

I tried Command and drag.

I've tried going to activity monitor and stopping the process. And going into the "inspect" portion, and seeing where it is "located". I look where it says it is and I dont see it.

I also tried Directory Utility. I guess I didn't really "try" it, since I have no idea how to use it. When i was researching trying to get rid of it, that was one of the tips, but they don't tell how to use it.

If anyone can help, please!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
The same thing happened to me with Intego virus barrier. I drug the app to trash, tried command and drag and even tried their uninstall program. to no avail. Then I Googled it. I typed in Intego virus barrier uninstall, and it took me to a website that had an uninstall program. It worked! You might try the same. I have yet to see that command and drag work for anything in the menu bar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Carbonite should be in your System Preferences right down the bottom.

Click on the  top left and then System Preferences. It will have the uninstaller there via Disabling the Backup.

HTH

Cheers

OP
crazypotatos
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook pro 13" 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo 8GB RAM 750 GB HDD
I feel like an idiot. I swear I did that last time and it didn't remove it. Thank you though!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.