Install Failed

Reaction score
Hi, This is the first time I have posted on here.

I was just trying to install Ages of Empires 2 Gold Edition to my Mac, it starts to install and then comes up with the following messege.

Install Failed.
The installer could not install some files in "/Applications". Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Does anyone know whats happened and how to solve it.

Thank you,

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

Some specs for your Mac and which operating system you're using would be helpful. Also, where did you get the game from?

Age of Empires 2 Gold Edition will run on the classic OS and OS X 10.1 and higher (according to their web page).

OP
D
Reaction score
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

Some specs for your Mac and which operating system you're using would be helpful. Also, where did you get the game from?

Age of Empires 2 Gold Edition will run on the classic OS and OS X 10.1 and higher (according to their web page).

The game was bought from Amazon.

Mac OS X Version 10.5.8
2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory - 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Is that enough information?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks for posting back your specs. If you bought the game from Amazon it's genuine. The reason I asked is because some web sites advertise various games at a discount but they're usually pirated copies which do not work right.

I see no reason why the game shouldn't install correctly. Try removing what it has already installed and then try the installation again. Are you by chance running any kind of anti-virus software or anti-malware software?

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for posting back your specs. If you bought the game from Amazon it's genuine. The reason I asked is because some web sites advertise various games at a discount but they're usually pirated copies which do not work right.

I see no reason why the game shouldn't install correctly. Try removing what it has already installed and then try the installation again. Are you by chance running any kind of anti-virus software or anti-malware software?

It was from someone selling on Amazon, not direct from Amazon themselves, it was all sealed etc.

Nothing at all has been installed. I've tried everything :(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would return it to Amazon as they warrant all sales - even from other sellers who post items for sale on Amazon. Just email them and ask for a RMA.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.