International Warranty Query

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
i read somewhere (possibly on this forum) that the iphone can have international warranty if you buy the applecare protection plan for it...

i have two questions related to this:

1. and this one is obvious...is that true?
has anyone here done it or can verify it?

2. if yes...can you buy the warranty in any country or does it have to be bought in the same country as where the iphone was purchased?

i hope you'll can help

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you're referring to Apple care, (extended warranty) then yes, it should be purchased in the country where you bought the iPhone. However, I have not heard of anyone having difficulty purchasing Apple care apart from the item regardless of location. Likewise, I haven't heard of anyone being refused warranty service for the same reason. Your mileage may vary though depending on which country you live in.

OP
rohan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
well i'm in india...i have been using a mac for the last 4 years (which was bought in the USA) and the service was excellent both before and after applecare extended protection...

its only when i got my iphone (from UK) i found out that they don't have international warranty on that.

basically i'm trying to figure out whether i need to buy it physically from an apple store in UK or something like that? or can i just buy it online?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you're in India, the first thing you should do is inquire of the local Apple dealers there if the warranty would be honored. You can purchase Apple care on line or from any Apple store in the UK.

OP
rohan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmm...well the first time i had asked them about it they said they would only honor the phones bought in india...but i assumed that was the case in every country since the phones dont come with international warranty by default like the macs do :)

either way...ill check :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.