Changing Hard Drive Question

Reaction score
Sorry guys, might sound like a silly question but I need to ask. My original 160G HD on my MacBook Unibody [before they renamed the first ones PRO] now had 185mb left. Next month I am having the ram increased from 2g to 8g and HD replaced with a 500 gig one. I will be getting the guys in the Apple store to copy my current HD contents onto the new one. Here is the question, with my iTunes account, as I had moved songs from 3 or 4 previous windows laptops onto the current one, if I remember, Apple only allows you to move the songs onto 5 different machines, after that they wont work right? So will I end up losing all my music do you think?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Note: I moved your thread from our "off topic" forum into one that deals specifically with Mac applications. Please keep in mind that posting in the right forum helps you to get more relevant and timely responses.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
You are not changing/moving computer, just the hard drive so it won't make a difference.

OP
Nikonshooter
Reaction score
Thanks, I was a bit worried about losing all my music as I paid for it all through iTunes and there is a lot! LOL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.