Macbook pro questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" macbook pro late 2007 model 4gb ram 160gig HD
Hey everyone,

If this is the wrong place to post this please ignore this and i send my sincere appologies.

I just bought my first macbook pro in forever. The one I had before this was an old G3 black powerbook...the whole whopping 5 gigs of memory on the thing with the apple logo upside down. ( i know olllld school)

What I got now is the 15' macbook pro from late 2007 modle a1226 and i am in heaven. Best machine i ever owned. I took my old pc desktop and removed the hard drives and lit the thing on fire and never looked back.

Here is the problem I am having:

I love the design of this machine, I had the option to buy a unibody machine however I am just not a fan of the construction. Mainly its the keyboard. I know it sounds foolish but its just the way I am. What i am trying to figure out is if there is anyway to upgrade this machine to unibody specs without buying a unibody. Is there anyway to do this with the machine I have right now or would I eventually have to purchase a unibody macbook pro?

If its hard to understand what i am trying to relay please let me know and i will do my best to re-explain.

Thanks in advance guys and i am so happy to be apart of the Mac family again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Nope, no realistic way to upgrade pretty much any laptop form-factor out there. Well, beyond memory and hard drive at least

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah well, I guess Ill have to figure out how to install 6gigs of ram in here and pick up a 500 gig hd. I love this thing too much to just let it go. Such a amazing machine and it just makes my Mac experience so welcoming again.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Ah well, I guess Ill have to figure out how to install 6gigs of ram in here and pick up a 500 gig hd.

Sorry...but there's no way you're going to be able to upgrade an old black Powerbook G3 with 6 gig of ram & a 500gig HD.

Depending on the model...at best...you'll only be able to upgrade the ram to 1.0 gig...and the HD to 320 gig for $114.99

- Nick

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry...but there's no way you're going to be able to upgrade an old black Powerbook G3 with 6 gig of ram & a 500gig HD.

Depending on the model...at best...you'll only be able to upgrade the ram to 1.0 gig...and the HD to 320 gig for $114.99

- Nick

No No Nick, the g3 was my old machine...way back in the day. I had that thing for a few years then that one gave up on me.

What i have now is a Macbook Pro 15" model number a1226

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
No No Nick, the g3 was my old machine...way back in the day. I had that thing for a few years then that one gave up on me.

I see...have fun with it.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.