Short?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.5 Ghz i5 with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD.
Hi,
I bought my MacBook Pro last August, and the charging cord has a short in it. Sometimes it will work, then all of a sudden stop charging. Do you know if apple will replace it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hi,
I bought my MacBook Pro last August, and the charging cord has a short in it. Sometimes it will work, then all of a sudden stop charging. Do you know if apple will replace it?

You won't know for sure until you ask. It probably depends on if they believe it's a defect versus misuse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333
Hi,

I would say 90% of the apple genius would just walk to the back and grab you a new one and 10% you will want to shoot in the face as they try to explain to you why it is your fault or that it is not yet at the point where they can replace it. Especially if you aren't able to reproduce it in the store.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The nearest apple store is about 3 hours away. The cord has only left my home 2 different times. It looks brand new. no scratches or anything. I might give them a call. I wonder if they can mail me a new and I can just mail the old one back. Idk. Thanks for the help! I will give them a call sometime this weekend and let you guys know what they say.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I talked to them today. There are sending me a new one for free! I am excited, considering I don't have money for a new one!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.