What is the best CRM Software ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm looking for the best CRM Software for Macs. I'm new to the Mac world and recently bought a MacBook Pro. I sell cars for a living and I need something to help me keep my customer base in order. It is sometimes difficult to remember everyones name but I always recognize the vehicle. For example, if I can't remember their name but I know that I sold them a 2010 Yukon, I can search for "Yukon" in my phone and it will bring up all customers that I have ever sold a Yukon to. I am also wanting this program to run on my iphone and my computer and will automatically sync to each other. If the program could also sync to my "Contacts" in the phone that would be perfect. Thanks for all the help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't know how sophisticated you wish your data base to be, but a simple contact manager can certainly do what you want.

Anyway, take a look at this web site as they have a variety of CRM software for the Mac. You'll need to find something that you can use to sync between your MBP and iPhone. Go to this LINK.

I would have suggested using the business edition of MS Office 2011 which contains Outlook but that might be overkill for what you need.

OP
X
Reaction score
Should I go with a CRM based off what I stated above or just an advanced contact list??? It would be nice to schedule purchase anniversaries and birthdays and stuff in it for reminders.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz i7, 8GB Ram, 750GB HD, Hi-Res AG screen
Let me make sure I understand what you are asking: You would like a program that will allow to you save everything you know about a customer; ie Car purchased, purchased date, birthday, anniversary. and at the same time be able to set reminders for you to contact them semi annually from the purchase date, and on birthdays? Is this correct.

From my experience this can all be done in Outlook with the contacts, and calendar feature. Not all information will be transferred to your phone, but the notes, date, and reminders should transfer over quite nicely.

I have attached some images to this post so that you can see what I am talking about. In the first image you can see next to the dates where it says "Add reminder" this will add a reminder, or event to you calendar in outlook. Your contacts and calendar can be sync'd with your iphone which means all these events will be on both devices. You can set the frequency of the reminder. However there is not a way for a semi-annual reminder. However, you can set the reminder to remind you to call once a month, for the first few months after they purchase then terminate the monthly reminder say after 3 months, and continue reminding you yearly to contact them.

I have been in sales for the past 8 years, so I know how important it is to stay in your customers minds. That way next time they need something your industry provides, you're the first name out of their mouths. I have never used a CRM before because I find that outlook has allowed me to do everything I needed. It was just up to me to provide the information.

Screen shot 2011-05-19 at 11.56.06 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-05-19 at 11.57.53 PM.png

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm looking for the best CRM Software for Macs.

Customer relationship management (CRM) is a very specialized type of program. It turns out that there are a bunch of really nice CRM applications (not kludges) for the Macintosh, it's just that they are very hard to track down. Here is a list. (You will have to do your own legwork to find out which is the best one for you.)

Ideal CRM
Customer relationship management CRM software for Mac OS X and Windows

SugarCRM (free)
SugarForge: Open Source CRM Community, Open Source CRM News, Open Source CRM Forums

vTiger (free)
Vtiger521:Installation on Mac - vtiger.com

Relationship
Jumsoft | Relationship

ContaX
CRM. Encryption. Security. Productivity. Cross Platform | Arten Science CRM Academy

YouMe Hub
Youmehub | Business Productivity Software

SaleSmartz
CRM software products, FREE download

Market Master
Macintosh Sales Force Automation (SFA) and Contact Management

ecOrganizer
ecOrganizer - organizer, contact- and project management: ecOrganizer

NetSuite CRM
CRM Software, Customer Relationship Management, Web CRM, Web Based CRM Management

Organize
Organise - Small business software for Mac OSX. Customer order and inventory management.

Your Business Organizer
Your Business Organiser

People (not for Intel-based Macs)
People™ - Macintosh Contact Management Software, Organizer, PIM

Elements CRM
Ntractive - Elements CRM - A Mac CRM Overview

OP
X
Reaction score
Brian,

Outlook would work great except for one piece. For example. Say I see you walking into my showroom and I recognize you but can't remember your name. But I see that you drove up in a 2007 Subaru Outback. I want to be able to pull up a program in my phone where I can search my contacts by typing in Outback and then 2007 and it will bring up all 2007 Outbacks that I have sold. I would then scroll down and say "oh yeah, thats Brian." So when you walk up I can greet you "Whats up Brian, how have you been" instead of saying "hey.......you." lol.

Thanks Randy for the info, I'll check them out and see if I find one that will work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz i7, 8GB Ram, 750GB HD, Hi-Res AG screen
Brian,

Outlook would work great except for one piece. For example. Say I see you walking into my showroom and I recognize you but can't remember your name. But I see that you drove up in a 2007 Subaru Outback. I want to be able to pull up a program in my phone where I can search my contacts by typing in Outback and then 2007 and it will bring up all 2007 Outbacks that I have sold. I would then scroll down and say "oh yeah, thats Brian." So when you walk up I can greet you "Whats up Brian, how have you been" instead of saying "hey.......you." lol.

Thanks Randy for the info, I'll check them out and see if I find one that will work.

Save the car model under "Company" I do this for all my co workers. So when I need to reach them, I simply type in my company, and everyone that matches that comes up.

OP
X
Reaction score
I played with that a little bit, the only problem with it is that I wouldn't be able to separate the color, year and model. Was really hoping to do all three.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I played with that a little bit, the only problem with it is that I wouldn't be able to separate the color, year and model. Was really hoping to do all three.
Yea, there are a lot of features of CRM's that would not be served by outlook. If you don't need to be able to query for multiple variables it's not a big deal. This is a great example of why.

OP
X
Reaction score
I was looking a dejaoffice but everything i'm reading, it seems that it has trouble syncing to your phone.

Reaction score
Need new software

After 7 years, still using Parallels to run ACT!, I need a Mac replacement, that does all ACT! does. Address book, calendar, history, auto-fill fields for form letters, great look-ups, easy to add fields or forms, Groups & sub-groups.
I have Bento, it sucks compared to ACT! or Lotus Approach. Tried Daylight. Must have been written by a programmer with no idea how others use programs.
Somebody?? Anybody?? You're missing a huge market.

C

chas_m

Might want to check out Relationships from Jumsoft or the free but unsupported DayChaser from Econ Technologies.

Reaction score
After 7 years, still using Parallels to run ACT!, I need a Mac replacement, that does all ACT! does.

ACT! is a CRM application. Did you see the long list of CRM applications for the Macintosh that I posted earlier in this thread? Every one of them is quite competent.

Tried Daylight. Must have been written by a programmer with no idea how others use programs.
Somebody?? Anybody?? You're missing a huge market.

Daylight has a huge number of users who adore it.

It is very common for switchers to be disappointed in any substitute for a long-used Windows program because it isn't exactly like the program they are replacing. You have to be open minded about your replacements, and give yourself a chance to get to know how to use them and appreciate them.

More than likely all 14 suggestions for a replacement CRM program that I listed will be superficially different than ACT! That doesn't make them bad. You need to have a look at all of their Web sites, and narrow things down to two or three possibilities, download the free demos of these, and finally make the best choice for your needs and sensibilities. It is unlikely that anyone can tell you which one is best for you.

Reaction score
ACT! is a CRM application. Did you see the long list of CRM applications for the Macintosh that I posted earlier in this thread? Every one of them is quite competent.

Thank you

I tried Daylight about a year ago, perhaps they heard our cries. I'll also try the others. At least I can delete them, as opposed to Windows, where you never really get rid of a program.

It's just ACT! is so great. I used it for a lot besides CRM. Used it for my "To Buy Book List", "Movies to See & Saw List."
Was considered for 2 different positions to train people for ACT!
Best was, I used ACT! for a high school reunion. Even worked with a guy who wrote parts of ACT! and on his own created PhotoAct, where you could import photos. Used it for the reunion name tags. He had a few bugs. Told him the bugs, he made his program rock.

I just want to finally cut the Windows cord, It's just some old programs are a 1,000,000 times better than the newer version of Win or Mac. I still use Lotus Approach & Suite. There is no better database program, but IBM put it in the dungeon and forgot it. But then again I use MS QuickBooks 99, MS Office 97 & MS Acrobat 5. They have features the newer versions don't. And Especially MS Office, TOO MANY new features I HATE.
The only other Win programs are Flash File savers (the Mac versions again are crap), MS WEFT and programs that do jpg comparisons.

Granted I've been using only freeware but I'm going crazy waiting for Lion so I can replace my MacBook Pro with an Mac Air & my mini with a new Mini with server. Going to network all in Lion, but will keep a MS machine until I can convert the old files to Mac.
Time to run. Time time to hide. Break on through to the other side.
Time to buy the best programs money can buy.

I'm sure there are more people, like me that want to go Mac only, but are stuck with some program that is MS only. A lot of opportunity for those who can program in each.

Reaction score
It's just ACT! is so great.

There was a Macintosh version of ACT! years ago. Surprisingly, Mac users in general really didn't like it. So it was discontinued.

I use MS QuickBooks 99, MS Office 97 & MS Acrobat 5. They have features the newer versions don't. And Especially MS Office, TOO MANY new features I HATE.

There is a really excellent MS Office clone, and it's FREE, so you might as well give it a try. It even includes a database component.:

LibreOffice (free)
Home » LibreOffice

OP
X
Reaction score
So I was doing some more reading up and found out that I can actually sync google contacts/calendars to my phone and computer (pain in the butt way to do it) but its do able. Anyone have any experience with this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.