Phantom modifier-key changer on the prowl

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been using Macs for years, but have always preferred the Windows way of doing keyboard shortcuts. So I went to System Preferences > Keyboard > Modifier Keys and swapped the Command and Control Keys.

Now recently some phantom seems to have gotten hold of my computer, because every other day I discover that these have reset to their default! At first I thought my husband did it, because he used my external monitor and keyboard and cables to dock his laptop and transfer some big files. But he swears he didn't, and I reset it. Then it happened again yesterday. And again today. Sometimes while my MacBook is docked and I'm using my external keyboard, other times when it's not and I'm using the MacBook keyboard.

Aaaarrrrrgggghhhh! This bugs the heck out of me because I use undo, cut, copy, and paste a zillion times a day and it keeps resetting!

Any clue as to how to exorcise this demon?!?!?!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.