DVD Burner

Reaction score
Hi all I'm new to the forum and just need a quick question answered, I have an mac 10.3.9 I have not used it for years but Im going to get back on it and get the upgrades required but this machine has a CD-RW/DVD-RW built in to it and Im just wondering would this be able to burn DVD+R DL disks like Verbatim disks.

Cheers in advance.

Anthony

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
It would really help if we knew exactly what kind of Mac this is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Probably not, but check in the system profiler and it will give you full details of what it's capable of.

Reaction score
Hi all I'm new to the forum and just need a quick question answered, I have an mac 10.3.9 I have not used it for years but Im going to get back on it and get the upgrades required but this machine has a CD-RW/DVD-RW built in to it and Im just wondering would this be able to burn DVD+R DL disks like Verbatim disks.

Cheers in advance.

Anthony

I used to do this with my iMac G3, and 10.3, no problems using an external DVD writer.
The built in optical disc, if DVD compatible, most likely will only be able to read, not write DVD's, so only useful for installation, playing DVD's etc

OP
S
Reaction score
machine model: imac
CPU type: powerpc g4 (2.1)
Processor: 800 MHz powerpc g4

I'm not very good at the tech side of computers, Is that the info you needed mate

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Go to the Apple in the file menu, and select "About This Mac" from the drop down menu.
Click "more info" and this will bring up all the details for your Mac.
Go down to "Disc Burning" and this will give you the info you need.
Also, yes, you can use an external burner of course, if you have one.

OP
S
Reaction score
Cheers kevriano, I have tried that and all it says is

Drive Type: CD-RW/DVD-RW
Disc Burning: Apple Supported/Shipped

Does this mean anything

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It basically means that your drive is read and write to those types of disc only, not DL.
Your cheapest option then is to get an external firewire burner.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.