Newbie- How to print only a paragraph only from a page?

Reaction score
Hi All,
I just bought a MacBook Pro 13" last week. The last Apple computer I had was an Apple II back in the mid 1980's. I've been going through the forums for the past month and a half or so doing research on the Macbook Pro. Everytime I found an interesting question and answer, I would move the cursor on my PC over that selection to highlight it, and then press Control P, and a window would show up on the screen, giving me the option to print the page or selection. I would usually print the selection I'd highlighted.
I can't seem to find how to print just a selection or paragraph from a page. Any info how I could do that? Thanks in advance for any info you could give me about this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
Highlight your selection, command+p, select 'print selection only' on print pop-up page. This only works on browser apps for me like Safari, Firefox, etc. Not sure if possible within other apps.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi quin,
Thanks for your answer. I tried command P , and when the print pop-up page came down i expanded it, and couldn't find anywhere that it said "print selection only" It did show "pages All or pages 1 to 1". Am I missing something? I am using the safari browser.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You could look at "Print Selection Service" here. Once that's installed, check (Browser Name) > Services. There should be an entry in there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
Hi quin,
Thanks for your answer. I tried command P , and when the print pop-up page came down i expanded it, and couldn't find anywhere that it said "print selection only" It did show "pages All or pages 1 to 1". Am I missing something? I am using the safari browser.

I apologized. It's available in Firefox. I just assumed it would be available for Safari but I was wrong.

OP
S
Reaction score
You could look at "Print Selection Service" here. Once that's installed, check (Browser Name) > Services. There should be an entry in there.

Hi Vansmith,
I downloaded the Print Selection service" and installed it. I then went to Services section of the Safari browser and checked the box next to Print Selection. I then restarted the computer. I then highlighted your solution on the forum and then tried Command P. The print pop-up window came up, but there still wasn't any "print selection only" showing up. I've only been using this Mac Book pro for a few days so I must be doing something wrong. Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It's not something you check - you'll have to use that Services menu entry every time you want to print a selection. In other words, it won't add anything to your print dialog.

Reaction score
I have a way that i would use which is to make the selection then copy and paste into a text file and print out of that..

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who posted a reply to my question. I really appreciated it. I started using the Firefox browser and I'm able to print just the parts I highlighted. Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.