• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Converting BDMV Folders to BRDs

Reaction score
Hey all, so all my family's events for the last couple of years are in BDMV folders (my uncle and aunt make movies professionally) and they've been uploaded to their server.

I was thinking it would be cool if instead of having to burn them to a disk, we could just mount them or watch them in HD.

I know Toast Titanium can do a really good job at converting them to disk images or playable things, but I'm wondering if there's any way to do it without downloading and uploading all those files (ahh!).

It seems like it might be impossible, but I thought I might as well ask.

If anyone knows of something they could install/use on the server that would be cool too!

C

chas_m

I have to stop you at the concept of burning them to a disk. Macs don't support Blu Ray, (there's kind of a hacky workaround where Toast kinda-sorta supports it, for an extra fee over and above the program cost), so in terms of disks all you are realistically going to be able to do easily is convert those files to standard definition and burn them to a "movie" DVD.

Your other option is to get an AppleTV and stream the files to your HDTV. You'll still need to convert them to a standard computer format (like MP4), but at least you'll keep them in 1080i (not p, sorry) goodness.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thank you, but I'm not talking about burning them to a disk from my Mac. I'm just talking about making disk images as files on my Mac.

Also, I believe you can burn them to Blurays with an external drive and Toast.

Thank you for your help, hope someone can help me convert these from my server!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.