switching from pc not sure what to get

Reaction score
im mostly at home web surfing,email,odd bit of gaming,and photos
maybe photoshop or video editing depending on wether i get into it when i get a mac, also like a bit of portability once in a while and MAY need it for when am older (college)
i also most likey wont be getting one for another while so there could be a refresh, most likely near end of year just cant decide
im looking at these two right now

MBP Apple MacBook Pro 13.3" Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 4GB 320GB Notebook Computer - Jigsaw Systems Ltd

Mini Apple Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 2GB 320GB Desktop Computer - Jigsaw Systems Ltd

the macbook is 850 in my currency
the mini is 580

also will be hooking either one to 27inch LG monitor

if there is a refresh when as i will be looking for second hand/refurbed

gaming at most will be cod4 standard maybe mw2
gaming with the specs on these isnt really a worry
mbp seems to be a good deal correct me or not

and so no one says it i can get them exc. VAT
just wondering how old is that MBP as i no its not the current one
previous gen or 2 gens back?

Reaction score
If my math is correct, it sounds like they are asking about 20% more for the older MBP model than the new model - yikes.

I'd recommend you get the MBP now since you will find it essential later when you are in college. Portability is a must, and the 13" is a great size for that. Plug it in to your large monitor and external drive when at the dorm/home and you'll be all set.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
Get the refurb MBP 13. The 2010 is $899 and the 2011 is $1019, at Apple site. Good deal. Just like a brand new one except for the plain packaging.

OP
D
Reaction score
wheelguy12: i didnt realise that tought i was getting a good deal thanks for the enlightenment

quin:but does the US apple store deliver to ireland because there are never any refurbs in the irish apple store, does it not come in original packaging ? just wondering...

also do you think there will be a refresh in the MBP line by NOV?DEC of this year
i also hear the 2010 one is better gaming wise, is this true?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333
wheelguy12: i didnt realise that tought i was getting a good deal thanks for the enlightenment

quin:but does the US apple store deliver to ireland because there are never any refurbs in the irish apple store, does it not come in original packaging ? just wondering...

also do you think there will be a refresh in the MBP line by NOV?DEC of this year
i also hear the 2010 one is better gaming wise, is this true?

I dont know if they deliver to Ireland but refurbs come in a plain white box, not packaging like you would receive with a "new" one even though they are essentially new.

I dont think there will be a refresh by nov/dec but what do I know. Hereis a page that will give you a better idea of the history of refreshes.

The 2010 13inchers bench very similarly to the 2011 for games but slightly better. I dont think in real world you would notice much difference but defiantly dont expect an improvement.

OP
D
Reaction score
so its really down to wether i can throw down the extra cash for the 2011 intel i5
seen as the graphics cards dont have a noticable difference?
il have to see how my money is at the time
at first the 2010 seemed what i wanted but now that i see there isnt THAT much of a difference for graphics the 2011 seems to be better for me long run so if i can will be worth the cash

anyone else know if apple store US posts to ireland?

OP
D
Reaction score
thanks, doesnt seem a difference big enough to notice or worry about

just need to know can the us apple store deliver to ireland?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHz i5 MBP, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, NVIDIA Geforce GT 330m/16GB iPhone 4 in a brick sized otterbox.
The MBP, for sure.

OP
D
Reaction score
wow i swear i was on lastnight and it was empty
thanks now just have to wait until dec until i hopefully have the money

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.