17" macbook pro on craigslist $1,100.00?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am looking to buy my first macbook pro. Found one on craigslist for $1,100.

It's in absolutely pristine condition,no scratches,dings or dents, works perfectly and never had any problems.I'm selling this item because I already bought a MacBook Air. The laptop is under Apple Care warranty until 1/18/2014. It's like new, and I still have the original purchase receipt, so you can transfer the warranty without any problem. This is maxed out unit, runs Snow Leopard 10.6.7, loaded with MS office 2011, iWork, iLife, Adobe master Suite CS5(full version, not trial version),Final Cut Pro 7 Complete, I will run all the updates on all applications and make sure you can use them right away. The final price I want for it is 1100.

He provided me with serial number, is there a way to check it out?
Is this for real or a scam?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
You can go here to verify the warranty coverage with the serial number that was provided.

You can also go here to check the specs of the system based on the serial number.

Also, that software is great but without the discs it is considered pirated and illegal software. That price is pretty low for a current 17" MBP, and I am always skeptical on these low prices. Also, he posted no details on the machine and that always makes me wonder if they even know them.

OP
V
Reaction score
Specs on macbook pro

Specs he provided me with are:

2.8GHZ Intel i7 Processor
8GB RAM DDR3
500GB HDD 7200 RPM
1920 x 1200 High Resolution A/G Display
Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
SNOW LEOPARD 10.6.7
Apple Box + Magsafe Wall Charger & Extension Cord & Manuals Are Included

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Is this for real or a scam?

My humble opinion...probably a scam!:(

There's almost no way you're going to get a:

- 17" MacBook Pro
- with a 2.8ghz i7 processor
- 8 gig of ram
- with warranty till 2014

...for $1100 bucks...and it actually works!!!

You can get an older (couple years old):

- 17" MacBook Pro
- with a 2.8ghz Core 2 Duo cpu
- 4 gig of ram
- probably no warranty

...for around $1200...but NOT with an i7 cpu, 8 gig of ram, and almost 3 years of warranty.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
With those specs it is a scam. That machine is worth twice that, and nobody selling legitimately will take that much of a price hit.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Right...

A machine that cost $3,000 4 months ago, along with another $2500 in software.

All for $1100.

Shoot, I'll take 2 of 'em.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As John and Nick pointed out, it's likely a scam or stolen merchandise. Stay away from it.

OP
V
Reaction score
New interesting info on the macbook pro!

Before we go forward with this sale I want to tell you that I'm in Bismarck, North Dakota.
I will make the deal only through eBay. I'm a member of the eBay Buyer protection program and using this service you will get a 5 days testing period after delivery and the shipping will be supported by me. Only after the 5 days,if you will confirm the purchase to eBay, they will release the funds to me.
Let me know if you are still interested in buying it and also include in your next email your contact info ( full name and address ) so I can forward them to eBay and set up the transaction. You will be automatically included in the eBay Buyer Protection program and you will receive an invoice with further info about the process.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Before we go forward with this sale I want to tell you that I'm in Bismarck, North Dakota.
I will make the deal only through eBay. I'm a member of the eBay Buyer protection program and using this service you will get a 5 days testing period after delivery and the shipping will be supported by me. Only after the 5 days,if you will confirm the purchase to eBay, they will release the funds to me.
Let me know if you are still interested in buying it and also include in your next email your contact info ( full name and address ) so I can forward them to eBay and set up the transaction. You will be automatically included in the eBay Buyer Protection program and you will receive an invoice with further info about the process.

This is exactly what I was concerned about when I read the OP's original post...the OP is the scammer!!!:(

Thread closed.

- Nck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.