Zagg invinsible ipad protector

Reaction score
Guys stay away from that product.

Even though I am a satisfied ZAGG keyboard user for my ipad, today I got my invisible maximum protector for my ipad 2 and iphone 4 and spend the worst 3 hours of

my life trying to apply it on both products. Ended up in a mess full of bubbles and finally the ZAGG product was applied perfectly in by dustbin!

Stay away from this product unless you have one of their employees apply the product on your ipad or iphone. The installation video on their website is a very good video editing trick. I wished it worked as advertised but its wasted money and time!

Buy the ZAGG keyboard, a great product, stay away from their ipad and iphone protectors as they are not worth it. Its a pitty and a shame! Such a great website, a great product (Zagg Keyboard) and a scam (screen protectors)

You have been warned!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I will agree - it is quite difficult to apply a large Zagg skin - such as the iPad. I have had plenty of practice with previous iPhones so I found it more difficult but I was able to get it on with minimal bubbles. The front cover actually turned out perfect for me. That being said - I wouldn't tackle the iPad as a first try application. I highly recommend finding Zagg at your local mall and have one of those guys install it - it usually costs another $10 to have them install it but as noted - you could end up spending $40-$50 just to throw it away.

OP
T
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind the $10 Ivan, I live in Cyprus so I am at the other end of the world, its too far for me. ZAGG should sell the screens only in the USA and the price should include free installation. What's the point of having to buy 3-4 until I get it right. As I said it may be the best product on the world if you have it pre-installed but when you buy it on a DIY basis, it's a total waste!

Reaction score
Mine went on perfectly. I used the FULL body protection, not the maximum. It said right on their website that the maximum protection one was more difficult to install I have applied several of these Invisible Shields on many different devices and always with great success. When applying to the iPad 2 I really wet it before applying then used the squeegee to get the excess water and air bubbles out.
However, I had a terrible time previous to applying the Invisible Shield when I originally bought the upgraded SGP screen protector. I had a similar experience to the OP, spent a lot of time for a terrible job. I complained th SGP and they sent me a replacement out right away. You might want to try contacting Zagg.

OP
T
Reaction score
No support from zagg

Hi MacLicious and thanks for sharing your experience with us all. I am glad that the product worked for you. I contacted Zagg and complained about the product but they didn't even bothered to answer back to me, let alone to sent me another one. It shows that some companies just have a professional website and a few good products without the most important thing which I believe is SUPPORT!

I have already ordered new screens for both my ipad and my iphone from icarbons and hope that it will work for me.

Reaction score
Well, although I have not had problems installing my Invisible Shields, I have twice now had issues with them where they started to lift up and discolour at the edges of my device and was promptly given a replacement. They do stand by their lifetime warranty.

OP
T
Reaction score
Hi MacLicious I am happy that ZAGG helped you out. I am sure that they keep some customers happy otherwise they would be out of business ;D

Mind you, my ZAGG keyboard works great and I strongly recommend it to all ipad users (if they need a keyboard).

Reaction score
Main thing when installing the Zagg protectors is to utilise huge amounts of the application fluids, I have used this product on Iphone 3 and 4 and on 3 Macbook Pro's both 13" and 15" without any issues. I think it is a great product.

OP
T
Reaction score
Hi LindsayM, I am glad that the thing worked for you :)

I am happy as I got my icarbon screens for both ipad 2 and iphone 4 and i got them on very quickly as shown in their demo videos. No liquids no mess, piece of cake to put them on. I hope they will provide good protection as well. I will let you know how good they are in the future! Thumbs up for icarbon protectors and zagg keyboard! Great products for me.

Thumbs down for the zagg screens :( Since they need huge amounts of fluids, I could keep them for a rainy day! :)

Have an outstanding day! Thanks for your feedback :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
Mine went on easily

iPhone and two iPads as well. Also my cameras.

Best investment you can make.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.