MacBook Pro restart & update problem

Reaction score
Hi all.
Bought my MacBook Pro 13" in April.
Today morning performad software updates. After 8 hrs of updating I deicided to switch off computer... then sounds gone, then I've tried to restart... after 4 hrs of restarting I switched it off. Sound's back... it shows that updates are succsessful... it just every time i try to restart it takes ages to do that.
What's wrong?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which updates are you referring to? And did you mean to say that the download took 8 hours? I'm not aware of any updates that would take 8 hours. Please clarify.

If your MBP was actually taking that long to install the updates, I would suspect a hardware problem with the machine. Perhaps the hard drive is failing. Since the machine is still fairly new and under warranty, you might want to give Apple a call and make an appointment to take it on in and have them check it out.

OP
D
Reaction score
I mean software updates you get from apple menu... restart issue I notice last week when I restart my mac I waited about an hour... then again I just switched off the computer... apart from that everythings workin fine... I probably give them a call.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If it's software updates from the Apple menu that took 8 hours, then there is definitely something wrong. And again, it sounds like bad hardware. Possibly the hard drive. Give Apple a call and let them deal with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.