syncing files/folders btwn macs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.5GHz i5, MBP 15" intel core 2.16GHz, MBP 13" intel core duo, iPhone, iPad2
I have multiple macs all used for the same purpose... school. Inevitably, I have to use my MBP while at school and my iMac at home so I find myself constantly updating the most recent changes to my notes, docs, presentations. etc by using a flash drive. However, Once in a while I would forget to do this immediately after I get home or applying the updates before heading out and this leads to me being :Angry-Tongue:

My question is it possible to sync changes in files/folders automatically between my macs?
i.e. when I make changes to a document in a folder on one of my computers to have it make the same changes to the same document on the other computer.

The solutions I found thus far is using a flash drive and sharing files. The problem with sharing files it that it acts like a flash drive without having to put the data on the hard drive...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Dropbox Dropbox - Simplify your life
You wont even have to think about it. I keep a work computer (winXP), my MBP, my Win7 (bootcamp) and my iPad all sync'd up with Dropbox. If it is under 2GB, it is free.

MobileMe
Will work between Macs but for a yearly cost.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.5GHz i5, MBP 15" intel core 2.16GHz, MBP 13" intel core duo, iPhone, iPad2
Wow I love this forum. Thanks a million Deckyon!

Dropbox Dropbox - Simplify your life
You wont even have to think about it. I keep a work computer (winXP), my MBP, my Win7 (bootcamp) and my iPad all sync'd up with Dropbox. If it is under 2GB, it is free.

MobileMe
Will work between Macs but for a yearly cost.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.