Is it possible to install Linux on Mac?

Reaction score
I mean like that how you install windows on boot camp. Is it possible (please don't use virtual machine or something like that)to install Linux like that I could choose which one I want to use Mac or Linux like it's with Windows?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
Should run Linux fine. I'd use a virtual environment personally - like VirtualBox, which is a free virtualization app from Oracle. But we had a customer who's company, instead of assigning computers to employees, allowed the employee to use their personal computers, and mailed quarterly software updates out on a bootable Linux DVD. The user could boot to the DVD, do their work, which was all network based, and reboot back to their computer when finished.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
The Mac interface is built upon BSD. If you want to bootcamp another distribution, you would install it the same way you install another OS.
But if you want to nix commands, just open terminal and fire away.

Reaction score
I agree with the above posters - it will run fine, either in a virtual machine or bootcamp, but don't remove OSX or toss your OSX discs. That will preserve the value of your Mac when the time comes for you to sell it and buy a new machine.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.