• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Beer. Whats your favorite?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.26 8GB RAM 500GBhdd, iPhone 4, and iPad
I like beer a lot especially from the many micro breweries in the US. I also have a beer blog. So just throwing out there, whats your favorite beer? Favorite beer types? I go to World of Beer and am always looking for more to try.

Ive been drinking a lot of IPAs lately, both the Boulder Mojo IPA, and Jai Alai by Cigar City are very good. Stouts and IPAs are pretty much my favorite types.

Any recommendations would be awesome also, Im just curious as to what most of you guys like...

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Jamaican Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Blueberry Ale by Atlantic Brewing Co, Bar Harbor ME is my favorite. Also really like Saranac's Irish Stout.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Bluegrass Brewing Company's Bourbon Barrel Stout is a fav. However, I have a lot. Belhaven's Best for session drinking but Belhaven's St. Andrews is my no. 1. I like most beer, and do tastings every week at a local huge liquor store who sports 40 taps and does classes and pairings.

Reaction score
Currently it's Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale. I like the brown ale's best, but I always venture into other styles to try them out. I am lucky to have a store, that carries over 400 different brews from around the world, with new selections every month.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Only 400? Check out the bar up the street from me: Sergio's World Beers The place is freaking awesome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Shiner Bock brewed in Texas.
Peroni from Italy.
I've also had some really good beers from a brew pub in Northern Arizona (Flagstaff). Only ate there once but tried their sampler and chose 2 delicious beers from it. Flagstaff Brewing Company

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Hobgoblin, but from the cask, not as strong as the bottled, but smoother by far, and lovely.
I like a lot of beers from small breweries here too, too many to think of at the moment.
Newcastle Brown Ale :D Always loved it.
Used to love Double Diamond back in the day too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
gods i miss good cask beer. I drank my fill over my last trip to Scotland. we have one bar here who maintains one cask tap, but they only ever have one kind of beer in it and I miss the variety.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Living in ' Beer Paradise ' it is a difficult choice ...
It is either West Vleteren or Maredsous, depending on the occasion.

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I forgot about Chimay Cinq Cent. It has a higher alcohol content. Brewed in Belgium, has a hint of clove. Very smooth and relaxing beer to drink.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Living in ' Beer Paradise ' it is a difficult choice ...
It is either West Vleteren or Maredsous, depending on the occasion.

Cheers ... McBie

color me jealous.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As an Aussie beer gourmet and/or connoisseur, the best commercial US beer is Millers Genuine Draft.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
+1 on Nut Brown Ale.

But my absolute favorite was a batch of Porter I brewed many years ago. I gave some to friends and had numerous requests for a repeat. Next batch was decent but not quite as good.
Haven't done any brewing at all recently, but every now and then I get a prod (like from this post) and think, "Why not?".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
(27" iMac i5) (2011 15" MacBook Pro)
I guess I don't really have a favorite, but I can't stand IPA's. The hoppy stuff makes me gag.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Newcastle Brown Ale, John Courage Ale (R.I.P. :) ), Hoegaarden, Chimay and now since I'm back stateside... Blue Moon.

And if I'm skint... Tennent's Super Strong Lager in a 4 pack! Because 4 is all you need to get a (cheap) party started! ;D lol

OP
Brunhild
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.26 8GB RAM 500GBhdd, iPhone 4, and iPad
Chimay is great if you guys like that you should give North Coast Pranqster a try and also Grimbergen(sp?) Blonde.

I dont really like brown ales, not sure why, but they are my least favorite.

World of beer had Maresdous #12 on tap and that was great!

Samuels smith is "meh" for me nothing great, nothing bad though.

I usually go to World of Beer, they have like 40beers on tap and like 460+ bottles or something I think. You get a club card and they keep track of your beers Im currently at 237 different beers or something around there.(pretty much what my blog is about)

Will try some of yours guys favorites I havent had next time I am over there if they have it.

Reaction score
Maredsous, Chimay are definately in my top 5

But my favorite has to be the Dominus Vobiscum Brut. I don't know if it's exported though, it's from a micro-brewery here in Quebec (and pretty rare, unfortunately)

Reaction score
Crabbies Alcoholic Ginger Beer. Not sure about its availability outside the UK but it is the daddy of the booze world.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.