• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Beer. Whats your favorite?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Stone:
Ruination IPA
Levitation Ale
Arrogant Censored IPA
Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale

Bear Republic:
Racer 5
Racer X

Duvel

Delerium Nocturnum

Lagunitas IPA

Shipyard Double Old Thumper

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27in iMac i5 3.1GHz, AMD 6970, iPhone 4, Wi-Fi iPad 2
Can anyone recommend some good authentic hefeweissens?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", i7 2GHz Quad Core, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, OS X 10.7.1 - iPhone 3GS
I really like IPAs too, in particular the extra bitter IPAs as I can't get enough of the taste of hops. My favorites come from Stone Brewery.

I can't share the full names of two of my favorites as they contain mature people words, but you can find them on the list at Stone's site.

Arrogant *******
Double *******
Ruination

Definitely not beer for anybody used to a pilsner or even a lager. Which can be good for a laugh when a friend who has not tried your beer asks to try it and the comical scene occurs where the mouthful is spit out in a mist and they run off to hold their mouth under running water. :Smirk: The company pokes fun at this too and has a very amusing and humorous site.

e.g.
This is an aggressive ale. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. We would suggest that you stick to safer and more familiar territory–maybe something with a multi-million dollar ad campaign aimed at convincing you it’s made in a little brewery, or one that implies that their tasteless fizzy yellow beverage will give you more sex appeal. Perhaps you think multi-million dollar ad campaigns make things taste better. Perhaps you’re mouthing your words as you read this.

I would totally recommend it though if you like IPAs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I'm loving all the Stone love :D - glad some folks appreciate the awesomeness that is Stone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", i7 2GHz Quad Core, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, OS X 10.7.1 - iPhone 3GS
It is indeed nice to see others who appreciate the awesomeness that Stone brews up. Stone beers kind of strike me like a Mac; once you go, you never go back much less look back. Although I have yet to enjoy beer from Germany while in Germany...

Cheers! (Everyday is International Beer Day in my book :Cool: )

Reaction score
I tend to go all over the place with my beer...I get in moods where I only drink one kind for a month or two.

So right now I'm stuck on Leinenkugel Summer Shandy...I know its an "American mass produced" beer, but dang it when the temp is 85 or above I have to have it.

But my staples are - Guinness, Warsteiner Dunkel, mostly darks.

But the best I have ever had by far... Bells Black Note Stout
and there is a good chance of more Black Note coming!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iphone4 mac book pro
corona with a splash of grenadine

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend some good authentic hefeweissens?

Cambridge Brewing Company has a fantastic hefeweizen. Magic Hat Circus Boy is pretty delicious. Allagash White, Clown Shoes Clementine White, and on a dime, Wailua Passion Fruit Wheat and Baltica 5 are quite delicious.

I'm not sure if those are technically hefeweizens, but they are wheat beers.

And I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait for Southern Tier's Pumpking to come out in a couple months. It has to be my favorite seasonal beer next to Woodstock's Maple Stout.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
I don't drink anymore, but back in the day I was a big Guinness guy.
Just something about that dark, smooth, frothiness that just melted my soul...
I need to start drinking again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.