Software to get photos from iPhone onto my Mac

Reaction score
I've messed up my iPhotos library on my mac, but I still have the photos on my iPhone. I was wondering if anyone knows which software can exact the photos from my iPhone to my mac.
I went to Apple and they said there was such a software, but could not tell me the name of it. I've tried googling it, but nothing came up..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You should be able to use Image Capture. It's in your Applications folder.

OP
S
Reaction score
I just tried it, and it only can detect the photos on my camera roll. I want to get back the photos from my albums I have on my iPhone.

Reaction score
Have you tried bluetoothing the iPhone and iMac, works for me on my non iPhone, both directions

Reaction score
Have you allowed the iphone to be found, (ie Discoverable ) and have you paired iphone and iMac using code sent to iPhone from iMac ?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
iPhoto can take the picture off of the iPhone

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
PhoneView is what you're looking for. This is one pretty slick app.

All of the below work for your Camera Roll pics, none of them work for retrieving pics that are not in the Camera Roll.

Preview
Image Capture
iPhoto
Aperture

The free methods are going to be: 1) email them to yourself, 2) share them to your mobileme gallery and then retrieve them on your Mac or 3) go to the pic and take a screen shot - this will put it in your camera roll.

One thing to note: pictures are auto downsized when being synced to your iPhone. You are probably not going to retrieve them in the same resolution/size as they were in iPhoto.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks bobtomay, it worked and it just downsized the photos to 3megapixels.. still okay as long as I have a copy of the photos

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.