• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

buying a car

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
what do you guys think about the scion tc?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
i think the xb is quite "nice" my friend has one it looks cool on the outside but inside there just an average car

speaking of cars i dented my moms van not to long ago...

Reaction score
Interior looks cheap, I know they expect you to customize, but the stock should be a bit nicer considering the one I saw on the showroom was stickered at over 20k.

S

sonofapplepm

I have been considering buying one. It's got Toyota heritage as well as good fuel economy and a bit of sport too! I really like the looks myself. I think they are priced well, I mean there are lesser cars out there for the same money!
Hope this helps!

Josh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
it is a nice looking car. but remember our opinion should not count....buy a car that you like and will want to drive.

the environmentalist in me says to buy a hybrid or an extremely fuel efficient car ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i went on a test drive with a frien who likes to auto-cross and the TC performed very well under his extreme driving conditions. he is a WRX driver and he almost bought a TC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac core2Duo 2.4Ghz 4GB ram
mynameis said:
It actually doesn't look so bad in that picture with the nice looking automatic shifter.

I think thats a manual.

Anyways, that doesn't look too much different from a corrola to me, not that thats entirely a bad thing, but its nopthing special, imho.

Reaction score
aeiou said:
I think thats a manual.
You are correct. I thought I remember it having a cheap rubber shift knob, maybe its a different year, package, or just my bad memory.

OP
macman88
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
i meant more of, what have your heard about it. i known it's supposed to have good mpg. i have also heard that is has the well tested camery engine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
macman88 said:
what do you guys think about the scion tc?

It's a typical throw-away Japanese car, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It will lose its value the second you turn the ignition, however it will probably last a zillion miles and be cheap on gas and repairs.

If you like the styling and price, I'd say go for it! You generally can't go wrong with Japanese cars...

Reaction score
macman88 said:
i known it's supposed to have good mpg.

It is rated at 22 city and 29 highway mpg, my truck gets better gas mileage. If gas mileage is really important to you, might want to look at a Corolla.

Reaction score
na dude get a jetta, but like an 05, the new model is nasty, but yea an 05 jetta 1.8t will give you more power with better gas milage, and you will have a turbo.

an 05 jetta GLi will give you 180 HP and 21/29MPG but my 03 gets a good 26

and the Scion TC will give you 160 HP and 19/26MPG

think about it man

R

rgivans

stillimation said:
na dude get a jetta, but like an 05, the new model is nasty, but yea an 05 jetta 1.8t will give you more power with better gas milage, and you will have a turbo.

an 05 jetta GLi will give you 180 HP and 21/29MPG but my 03 gets a good 26

and the Scion TC will give you 160 HP and 19/26MPG

think about it man

I agree, I miss my old VW! All of 5 of them. :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VW seems to have been having some quality control issues of late.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I'm a big fan of the original VW Beetle myself...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My vote would be for a subaru imprezza/wrx they wont get you quite as much gas milage, but they are a plessure to drive and they will be great in the winter, if that is an issue where you live.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.