os x static symlinks in /Volumes

Reaction score
Hi. Im new to osx SnowLeopard, but pretty god with linux and stuff in generel.

I have a linux box (debian 6) that serves as a nfs server.
My NFS share in etc/exports is../media/RAID5/disk

Objective!
I need R/W access from osx to the dataset on the nfs mount here... /Volumes/disk --- I dont what to change that...to much is set up for this location.

If I create a folder /Volumes/disk and map the nfs here, I don't get write/delete permisisons. Read only!

I have used drifferent tools to mount. First under disk-tool later with the nfs-manager 3.5. Read only in all tryes.

If I map the nfs to something like /users/MAC-user/disk it get full access. I geuss my user needs full access to the mountpoint...before the mount..which makes sense.

If I then create a simpel symlink from /users/MAC-user/disk to /Volumes/disk..and all is well.

My programes can access the nfs share from /Volumes/"disk" where "disk" is a symlink to /users/MAC-user/disk wich is the nfs mount point ;O)

BUT..the #¤#%&& symlink in /Volumes/disk is removed at reboot.

What can I do drifferent?

How do I get a static symlinks in /Volumes or how do I get full access to a nfs mountpoint under /Volumes

Please point me in the right direction..im stuck.

NB: I dont what dumb hacks and scripts that creats new symlinks at boot etc...I woud like to know how this is done correctly! If anyone knows please share ;O)

Thanks to all who will use 2 min of thir time to give some heads up on this issue.

Cheres.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.