Ipad battery is not fully charged

Reaction score
Hi there!

I have a little doubt about my ipad battery condition. 3 weeks ago, I updated my iOS to iOS 4.3.2. Since then I have charged my ipad 3 times. The first time (since updated) it could be fully charged but later it always stops charging at 96%. Does anyone here have the same problem? How should I fix it?

Thanks

Reaction score
No, this is not the case with me, mine is working absolutely fine,,,even after updating. In fact i have updated it last week itself...:)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
4.3.3 here on first generation iPad and battery charges right up to 100% every time.

How old is your iPad ?? That does not sound right at all.

OP
T
Reaction score
I got my first generation ipad December last year, so it's about 5 mths now. Btw, I'm not a heavy user at all. I usually charge my ipad once a week or when my battery level is 10% or lower (but never let it totally drain). Should I restart it or just update it to iOS 4.3.3?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I would try the update and if it still does it, take it to Apple. 5 months old with the way you use it, it still should be like new.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Funny that you mention the 96%. My iPhone 4 does that too. Sometimes it quits charging and reports 96% as a full charge, and other times it goes to 100%. I am going to ask a genius when I get time.

Reaction score
I had this happend to me how I think I fixed it was to let the battery drain completely then charge it all the way back up. The method worked for me and has The issue has not returned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iPad, iPhone 4, iPods, AirPort blah blah
Ideally, the battery should be left to drain completely every time (as should all Lithium Ion based battery devices), it does nothing but good things for battery life.

Let your iPad drain completely and then charge it via the mains charger. Don't worry if it doesn't charge to 100% on the first charge, just repeat the drain/charge process until it does - and it will.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.