Lost Japanese fonts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac - OSX 10.5.5 + 13" Macbook - OSX 10.5.5
I upgraded from Jaguar to Tiger this week and seem to have lost the ability to type in Japanese. I bought the iMac in Japan and it has a Japanese keyboard. Until I upgraded to Tiger, the default keyboard setting was English, but I could type in Japanese in any application by pressing the "kana" key immediately to the right of the space bar.
Now when I do this nothing changes.

Can anyone help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
It sounds like you need to reconfigure the International System Preference. Take a look there to see if you can get back what Tiger changed.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So I tried going in to the System preferences, International, but I can't seem to find out how to enable Japanese typing in applications (Mail, Word, Safari etc.).
I can change the whole system to Japanese (i.e. all menus are in Japanese) but this still dosn't allow me to type in Japanese.

Anyone?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sorted - thanks

So I sorted it - I had to go into International and then choose "kotoeri" under "Input Menu"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.