Quarks New Logo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Quark's New Logo

I just read that Quark has come out with a new logo, in an attempt to recreate it's corporate image.

I did notice a couple minor errors with the new logo. They didn't blend the triangle and the circle correctly. You can see two small "bumps" that I have circles around. They are pretty minor, but I'm a perfectionist when it comes to design work. And, as this was obviously originally created as a vector image, that should easily been caught.

I've also included the old quark logo as an attachment for comparison purposes.

For those of you who don't know, Quark is a design program. Pretty much the main alternative to Adobe Indesign. Personally, I don't like Quark, and love InDesign, but that's just my opinion.

EDIT: I was just looking at my circled image that was uploaded, and realized how hard it is to see the bumps that I mentioned. I had a higher res image of the logo, which I could see them much better on, but I lost it. If you manage to get your hands on a high res one, it is much more obvious. As I said before, it is a minor thing.

Quark_CMYK.jpg

Quark_CMYK.png

Quarknewlogo_large.gif

S

sursuciofla

You should have put a poll option as They Both Suck. That is the one I would have picked if it was an option. If they wanted a logo they could have just used that Star Trek guy. That was his name, that little Ferengi guy.

OP
rs2sensen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
macAttack said:
who's quark?

"For those of you who don't know, Quark is a design program. Pretty much the main alternative to Adobe Indesign. Personally, I don't like Quark, and love InDesign, but that's just my opinion. "

S

sursuciofla

rs2sensen said:
"For those of you who don't know, Quark is a design program. Pretty much the main alternative to Adobe Indesign. Personally, I don't like Quark, and love InDesign, but that's just my opinion. "

Most hold that opinion as I have both and I think Quark stinks, especially considering the price. InDesign Rules,

OP
rs2sensen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sursuciofla said:
You should have put a poll option as They Both Suck. That is the one I would have picked if it was an option. If they wanted a logo they could have just used that Star Trek guy. That was his name, that little Ferengi guy.

that kinda fits under "they are both equal" I guess, as they can be equally bad or good. Personally, I agree with you though, I don't like either.

And yeah, Quark is also a guy from Star Trek. Runs a bar on Deep Space 9, and showed up in episodes from different Star Trek series. Sad I remember that, havn't watched Star Trek in a couple years.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
I prefer their old one, it's much more professional looking. I use QuarkXPress at college but InDesign at home, I prefer InDesign, I find it much easier to use.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.