Screen Brightness

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I just a bought a 2011 macbook pro high resolution glossy and it appears to be 25% darker than my 2010 macbook pro high resolution antiglare. Both are 15”. Is this normal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP Late 2010 2.4ghz, 4GB, 250HD - 2010 iMac 21.5-inch 3.06GHz Intel Core i3, 500HD, 4GB
Could it possibly be that you're brightness level on the 2011 isn't up all the way? Also the antiglare and glossy probably have a factor in this.
Or, it could have been made like that to increase battery life. Sorry to say, but if that is so, your eyes will adjust.

OP
S
Reaction score
Sorry to say, but if that is so, your eyes will adjust.

This is really frustrating because I bought the glossy for entertainment purposes because I assumed it had more vibrant colors and was brighter. It is definitely more colorful and the colors seem to pop out more along with a sharper picture but the brightness looks identical to my antiglare. I was hoping for deeper blacks and I don't notice them even at the maximum brightness level settings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP Late 2010 2.4ghz, 4GB, 250HD - 2010 iMac 21.5-inch 3.06GHz Intel Core i3, 500HD, 4GB
This is really frustrating because I bought the glossy for entertainment purposes because I assumed it had more vibrant colors and was brighter. It is definitely more colorful and the colors seem to pop out more along with a sharper picture but the brightness looks identical to my antiglare. I was hoping for deeper blacks and I don't notice them even at the maximum brightness level settings.

I know what you mean for the Glossy, but I've never seen nor used an antiglare, but I could see why you'd believe the Glossy would be better quality when it comes to colors, etc. I have the 13" 2010 Glossy and I think it's an amazing display. But, as for your problem, I don't believe I know how to fix that, sorry. :/

-James

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.