what happend to you on friday the 13th...

Reaction score
Well I just had on great MY LITTLE PONY IS PRETY day.

5 am my iMac (27" Quad i7) worked great.(ebay snipe).. turn it back on at 7 am, and white screen of death... no start up, bongs but no apple. Apple phone help could not get it going from 9 to 12.. by 2pm I was at Chermside, and it took 1 hour to get it to just boot, after permission & disk verification, would not boot again... all agreed it was a dead mac... swapped for a new 27" iMac with thunderbolt ports.. am now spending ALL Night re-loading from two week old backups... lost all inbetween... should take me another 4 days to get back to where I started...

If I had remembered the day Friday the 13th I would not have gotten out of bed...

what happened to any other board members...????

Regards, Sandy
(this is the second 27" imac that died after just a few months, pervious one finally drowned in jan)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
I would have said it was a dead hard drive, not a dead Mac.

As for the friday the 13th...

I pride myself in not being superstitious.

I walk over three drains
I walk under ladders
black cats walk out in front of me constantly.

because I like to be realistic. Why would this be any different from

walking over two drains
walking under a bridge
having a white cat walk out in front of you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
I'm typically with Rob, but this past Friday 13th, I was in bed with pink eye. No clue where it came from, but it jumped on me like a hungry lion pouncing on a wounded gazelle.

But my Mac worked fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
EvenStanger - Love your Dilbert cartoon. How many times have we heard that. Hang on a minute I used to be in pc support...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Lol robyduckworth,

I have a weekend neighbour that is somewhat superstitious, and alway when he sees me about to walk under a ladder he warns me.
I always smile and walk right through :p

Oh and absolutely nothing happened to me :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
EvenStanger - Love your Dilbert cartoon. How many times have we heard that. Hang on a minute I used to be in pc support...

Thanks - that's been my mantra ever since I first read it... We even abbreviated it for a while - we just called it SURB.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Lol robyduckworth,

I have a weekend neighbour that is somewhat superstitious, and alway when he sees me about to walk under a ladder he warns me.
I always smile and walk right through :p

Haha, rise up against absurdity!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.