cant open my webpage

C

ChrisAngus

Hi, just in the process of settting my webserver up, I can see my website from another pc on the internet using

http://84.9.196.168/~chrisangus/

Why cant i open this in safari on my own machine, the one thats serving. I just get.

404 not found
file not found

Reaction score
I tried it and got this:

This page is here because the site administrator has changed the configuration of this web server. Please contact the person responsible for maintaining this server with questions. The Apache Software Foundation, which wrote the web server software this site administrator is using, has nothing to do with maintaining this site and cannot help resolve configuration issues.

OP
C

ChrisAngus

iNAP said:
I tried it and got this:

This page is here because the site administrator has changed the configuration of this web server. Please contact the person responsible for maintaining this server with questions. The Apache Software Foundation, which wrote the web server software this site administrator is using, has nothing to do with maintaining this site and cannot help resolve configuration issues.

Thats funny, i just sent the link to a friend and they see a list of files that i put there

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Yeah, all the linked files on there work fine for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
Just go to the website that it's at. Maybe you have old stuff cached. If you have another computer, look on that. Or clear your cache.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.