Stop Saving Files, Please!

Reaction score
How do I get my Mac to stop saving everything. Every open doc, every piece of opened email, file upon rank of file.

How do I stop my puter from doing that?

Thanks.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Is your Mac saving files to a specific directory? Which applications is it doing this in? Is it every application? What version of OS X are you using?

Applications should not be saving files randomly or consistently without your permission. The only exception to this is the auto-save feature of some apps.

OP
P
Reaction score
Is your Mac saving files to a specific directory? Which applications is it doing this in? Is it every application? What version of OS X are you using?

Applications should not be saving files randomly or consistently without your permission. The only exception to this is the auto-save feature of some apps.

10.6.7; saves to /Download directory; appears to save everything (from all apps)

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.