Install printer software

Reaction score
I have just bought my first imac after using windows pc's and I am unsure on how to install the software for an epson sx425w printer. Thanks for any help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
With Macs, you should always try connecting and setting up the printer in System Prefs > Print & Fax, first. Most drivers are already installed or will be automatically updated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Didn't your printer come with an install disc? The instructions/user guide should tell you if it will even work with Mac OSX.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If you do not have the disc check the Epson site. I looked earlier today and they do have drivers posted for it as well as links to the other software. Though I just noticed that the link I found appears to be to the European site. Epson Stylus SX425W : Drivers & Software

I did see a post on the Apple Discussion forum suggesting that there are sometimes problems getting this device to work fully on a network. Apparently there is some type of conflict between Apple's Bonjour protocol and the protocol Epson is using. If you have similar issues try following the steps in post #3 of this thread https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2275732?start=0&tstart=0 Apparently someone name sitcom managed to solve the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.