There's no Ilife in my Mac OS X

Reaction score
Why is there no ilife in my mac os x? What should I do? When I download i life 11 they said I need to download the older version.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Why is there no ilife in my mac os x? What should I do? When I download i life 11 they said I need to download the older version.

Where did you download iLife 11 from?

And who is "they"?

- Nick

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

Mac OS X and iLife are two completely separate and distinct products. With that said, Apple does bundle the contemporary version of iLife with new Macs.

But if you reinstalled your operating system, it could very well be missing.

It can be purchased from the Mac App Store and downloaded, but otherwise, it would be installed from the media that came with your Mac. If you bought it used and it didn't come with media, you'll need purchase it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

And if your computer slows, you will know you have downloaded malware with the pirated iLife. Was a big threat when first released for Pirate Bay downloaders.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.